After two days of prompt and serious working, the 6th session of the 16th Hai Duong provincial People's Council ended on July 11 afternoon.
Mr. Nguyen Manh Hien, Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the provincial People's Council, concludes the session
In his closing speech, Mr. Nguyen Manh Hien, Member of the Party Central Committee, Secretary of the provincial Party Committee, Chairman of the provincial People's Council, required the provincial People's Committee to strengthen its leadership and direct agencies, units, and local authorities to review resolutions, notices, and conclusions of the provincial Party Committee, People's Council, and People's Committee and objectives and tasks for 2018, especially the those in the socio-economic development plan for five years from 2016 to 2020.
Chairmen of People's Committees at all levels and heads of agencies should well receive citizens as prescribed.
Authorities at all levels and branches in the province were required to focus on well performing some following key tasks:
- directing the development of agricultural production and further promoting new-style rural building;
- developing a number of products with competitive advantages and high economic efficiency, continuing to step up trade promotion, especially the expansion of consumption markets of farm produce;
- promptly removing difficulties and obstacles to accelerate the progress of key projects and works;
- directing appropriate and local authorities to coordinate and create all conditions for major investors to access, set up, and realize new projects in the province to create and heighten the position of Hai Duong in the Northern key economic region;
- intensifying management and inspection, opportunely handling violations in management, exploitation, and use of natural resources and minerals and environmental protection;
- taking drastic and specific measures in collection for the budget, striving to overfulfill the 2018 budget revenue plan, flexibly managing the budget in accordance with the actual situation, and continuing to economize on spending;
- boosting administrative reform, especially procedures related to citizens and enterprises;
- basically and comprehensively reforming education and training and completing the review and arrangement of public educational establishments and rearrangement of officials, teachers, and employees at schools;
- sufficiently and promptly performing polices and regimes for meritorious people, policy and social protection beneficiaries, the poor, etc.;
- directing the implementation of conditions for Hai Duong city to become a 1st-class urban area and Chi Linh provincial town and Kinh Mon district to be recognized as a city and a provincial town, respectively;
Voting resolutions of the session. Photos: Thanh Chung
- arranging and adjusting hamlets, residential areas, communes, wards, and towns in accordance with prescribed criteria and, at the same time, streamlining the apparatus and seriously rotating and changing the working positions of officials, public servants, and civil servants in line with the Government's regulations and the provincial authorities' directions; and
- strengthening measures to ensure security and order in the province, especially in industrial zones and complexes, rural areas, etc.
Adopted at the session were 14 resolutions on
- the result of implementing socio-economic development tasks in the first six months and key tasks and measures for the last six months of 2018;
- a program for housing development in Hai Duong province until 2020 with orientation to 2030;
- a master plan for industrial development in Hai Duong province until 2025 with orientation to 2030;
- regulations on decentralizing the management and use of public assets at agencies, organizations, and units under the management of Hai Duong province;
- regulations on the levels and regimes of collection, payment, management, and use of some fees and charges in the province;
- regulations on cost assistance policies to encourage the use of cremation in the province;
- a list of works and projects with land recovered (as stipulated in clause 3, article 62 of the Land Law) and the use purpose of rice, protective forest, and special-use forest land changed (as stipulated in clause 1, article 58 of the Land Law) for implementation in 2018;
- regulations on regimes and policies for teachers and pupils of Nguyen Trai Senior High School for Gifted Pupils in Hai Duong province;
- regulations on levels of support for a project to multiply poverty reduction models and for poverty reduction management at commune level in the 2018 - 2020 period in the province;
- regulations on assisting health insurance payment in the province;
- an increase in the 2019 sickbed norms of subordinate units of the Health Department;
- the 2019 monitoring program of the provincial People's Council;
- the dismissal of members of the 16th provincial People's Committee (2016 - 2021 tenure); and
- the confirmation of the result of electing new members of the 16th provincial People's Committee (2016 - 2021 tenure).